a place to rediscover your joy
- Great stay for our fishing tripThe property is beautiful and spacious. Perfect to let our dog run and park a drift boat. It is located near many of the rivers for fishing but not too far from Forks for groceries. The house itself was very clean and was stocked with everything we could possibly need. We would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area!
- Stayed: March 2017
- Jared B.Seattle, WAPerfect escapeMy family stayed at Kamala's cabin for two nights and had a fabulous time. Our daughters loved exploring all the trails (so did my wife and I). The property is so peaceful, quiet, and relaxing. It was super easy to get to the Hoh Rainforest and to head up to Forks for dinner. We will absolutely be staying here again.
- Stayed: February 2017
- Sharon B.If You are a Nature Lover this is the place to go!!This Was part of My Husband Birthday and had the Best time ever with our 2 boys. With over 23 acres of land, they have many fun trails to go on and see the beauty of the rainforest. You are literally right down the road to the Hoh rainforest, maybe a 10 min. Drive. Ruby beach is just 15 min. South from this location and is a Very Beautiful beach with great views. Neah Bay is about a 1 hour and 20 min. North with tons of beautiful beaches you can stop at. This time of year you will have great close up views of Bald Eagles on your way up to Cape Flattery. We were not able to this year due to weather but if you look it up, it's well worth a visit. Overall the cabin is cute, Very cozy and Clean. We Will definitely Stay again in the Summertime.
- Stayed: February 2017
- Susan H.Cedar Crest, NMEnchanting! Amazing! Perfect,We were here for too short of a stay... Hubby went fishing and I went exploring. The cabin was perfect. Not fancy, but perfect in every way. It is so apparent this is a labor of love. The trails around the house were so fun! And all the little notes, hints, clues etc made for a delightful stay. I'm so very glad we found this. We hope to return for numerous adventures. Thank you Kamala!
- Stayed: February 2017
- John T.Amazing location. Amazing vacation.My brother and I spent 4 nights in the cabin. We had a fantastic time. The location of this cabin could not be any better. We were out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by nothing but trees. You only saw people if you chose to. I can't imagine a cabin in a more perfectly secluded area. The absolute silence was incredible. We were relatively close to all of the sights we wanted to see in the National Park. From the Rain Forest to the beaches. It was a great vacation. The owner was very easy and pleasant to deal with and showed a true interest in our enjoyment of the cabin and area. I would highly recommend the Hoh Valley Hideaway for anyone that enjoys being surrounded by nature. I truly hope to return to this wonderful area in the future.
- Stayed: September 2016
- Joyce W.Huntington Beach, CAAmazing getaway!This property is such a lucky find to anyone who has the chance to stay here! It is just such an incredible experience to stay in the heart of the rainforest! And we could experience all the sights within a short drive away! The cabin was complete with all the amenities and had several games for us to play during our one rainy afternoon. The owner has really thought of everything...from marked trails on the property to play equipment for the little ones to rainy day activities. Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer!
- Stayed: August 2016
- Jan L.Houston, TXperfect location, perfect accommodations!This cabin was a real find! Perfectly situated for exploring the west side wild beaches and rainforests, it was totally comfortable and furnished down to EVERY DETAIL! We loved the quiet and restful seclusion after a day of hiking and exploring and soaking in the incredible beauty of the area. Kamala, you are a true guardian and nurturer of the Earth Soul, and your land rewards all who visit. To future visitors, I heartily recommend this place. In three days, we visited the Hoh Rainforest, Lake Quinalt, Ruby Beach, oil city beach at the end of the rd, and took a foggy dusk drive down the Lower Queets Rd, where we were immediately back in an old growth rain forest for 7 beautiful miles! Upon leaving, a huge couger ran across the road! We also listened to an owl punctuate the silence from the river bank, and passed two bull elk and several cow elk. This place is off the beaten path and every bit as drop-dead beautiful as the better known rainforests...and we had it 100% to ourselves! Check it out, and if you go, pull over at the river view places and look way downstream for mountain views and listen to the silence.
- Stayed: June 2016
- Recommended for: Families with young children, Pet owners, Sightseeing, Girls getaway, Adventure seekers, Age 55+, Romantic getaway, Families with teenagers
- Charlice W.Wonderful family relaxation and Rain forest visitYour cabin, yard, out buildings, trails and EVERYTHING are so charming and delightful. And everything is so clean. We were very comfortable and had all we needed. I can't imagine how much time it has taken to do all of the trail work. As one who feels totally at home in the woods and is always trying to find ways to share nature with others, I so appreciate all of the love and sweat put into it all!! Thank you for making this experience possible for all of us!!!
- Stayed: June 2016
- Sherry M.Hiking and Fishing HavenWe just returned from 4 days of husband fishing for steelhead ( great catches every day with his guide) and my hiking surrounding one-day trip trails. The house is fully equipped with rain gear ( yes, it rained a little every day in the rain forest), linens, kitchen needs, reading and video/DVD material. I used many of the hiking and nature guide books she has available to plan my trips - all trailheads within 20-30 minute drives. We always talked about eating out at night - in the morning - but every afternoon when we came in and got dry and comfortable, put our gear out to prepare for the next day (the house has great heaters and drying racks)- we ended up cooking/grilling and dining in with a DVD on the player. As others comment, the house is older, but everything was VERY clean and everything worked, and it has a wonderful cozy atmosphere. We are in our 60's and past the children at home phase, but the close trails by the house and all the play equipment in the back yard/high chair/children's videos/toys on shelves would be wonderful for younger ones if this is a need. GREAT "HOME" away from home.
- Stayed: March 2016
- Kathryn d.Best Ever Vacation!After a two-night stay at Hoh Valley Hideaway, my Aunt said this was her favorite rental on our whole trip. The owner is a charming English lady and was there to greet us when we arrived. The cabin is older, but very clean, and the owner has thought of everything. Just by our conversation, I could tell that she truly cares about her guests. When you visit, please read her guest book! Charming cabin, gorgeous forested property with lovely trails, and a great experience all around. Will definitely return! And will tell my friends!
- Stayed: February 2016